A Slow Week

It has been a slow week for me as far as productivity goes. Mostly because I have been taken down by some sort of stomach bug which has resulted in not eating, lots of sleeping and a constant headache. I have gotten a bit of reading and web surfing done here and there and a few phone calls but that is about it. When you don't eat for 4 days, it takes a toll on your energy.

I did successfully correspond with two attorneys. I have a consultation appointment to speak to one on Monday and the other suggested that I read a book to better prepare myself for the process (and therefore save myself some money) so I ordered the book he suggested and it should arrive today (I love Amazon prime). In addition, I have had one or two other attorneys suggestions and I may pursue them, if needed, after I get the book and spend a bit of time on it. (I made the appointment before the book suggestion was made.)

I have had several suggestions that we should have named the non profit "Striving for Moore" with two "o"s in honor of Colleen. Don't think it wasn't discussed. It was. However, it is our goal that this organization turn into something so huge that the person that goes out to find the website would not know anything about Colleen until they arrive at the website and read about our history. If we named it Striving for Moore, they would have some trouble finding us, and we wouldn't want that. I have thought about registering the additional domains to include the spelling with two "o"'s but I am currently using money out of my own unemployed pocket and I already registered ten domains and I did not want to spend the extra money on that. It is a sweet tribute, however. We will be sure, when we get the official website up and running to pay tribute to Colleen in an appropriate way.

I have started feeling better today so I think I may finally be getting over my stomach troubles. As a result of some returning energy, I decided that I would like to better prepare the house for some guests that are arriving tomorrow.

My best friend from NJ (who was also my Matron of Honor), Candi and my oldest friend from NJ (who I have known since we were both in diapers and went to school together since Kindergarten), Jimmy are coming into town this weekend. I am really excited. I have been very depressed this week and I am looking forward to their arrival as I have a lot of fun with them and I am sure that their visit will help not only distract me but pull me out of the funk that I am in.

Anyway, Vince and Mackenna started decorating but there was more to be done so that is what I have been doing today. Everyone told me that "the holidays" were going to be the hardest time of the year. Wow, "everyone" was right. I didn't expect it to be so hard. Or maybe I just expected that the actual Eve and Day would be hard but I guess I just hadn't stopped to think how hard it would be to go through the holiday stuff and see the ornaments she made, the Santa house her and I made last year while she was at the hospital or her stocking. I don't know what to do about the stocking. I want to hang it but I don't want to upset Vince and Mackenna. I guess I will not hang it and then discuss it with them at dinner tonight so it doesn't catch them off guard like it did me when I opened that box.

Last weekend, for the first time since Colleen died, a stranger (in a store) asked me how many children I had. I said two. I do have two. I will always have two and I think her stocking should always be hung. It might always make me sad and maybe one day we will change our mind but today this is how I feel.

I hope you all are well on your way to finishing your holiday decorating and it brings you only joy and not sorrow.

For me, please pray that I am able to make some progress on Striving for More next week and that I feel stronger (both physically and emotionally).

The path to our destination is not always a straight one.
We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back.
Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on.
Maybe what matters is that we embark.
~ Barbara Hall ~


0 comments:

Be a Facebook Fan!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP