Feeling Ready to Start a New Year Strong

The Christmas decorations are all put away, Mackenna is off to school, the house is almost organized from the post holiday clutter) and I am feeling motivated to start the new year off right and get moving with Striving for More.

Jill Balogh and I have our first Striving for More meeting of the new year this morning and I actually prepared written meeting notes. Jill (Balogh) one of my good friends is awesome. She was one of the people that I called upon when Colleen was lacking psychosocial support. I knew she would be this quiet presence that would sit with Colleen and allow Colleen to ask questions or talk if she needed to talk. It was a heavy job that I asked her to do knowing what the outcome would be but she was prepared and she came once or twice a week and she loved my daughter. I will always love her for that. We became very close though that experience and when I began this non profit journey, I knew that God wanted me to ask her to join me. She has been wonderful. She has been my right hand, every step of the way. We are learning all of this together and I am feeling very blessed to have someone to hold my hand through all of this.

With that said, we need a lot more help. When I was writing my meeting plan notes, I just kept coming back to the statement - "need volunteer". So, if you are interested in helping us, please let me know by emailing me. I have a new striving4more.org email address to keep business separate from personal.

People reached out to me early on when I really did not know what I needed done, well now I do. I think I might have a volunteer meeting in the next couple of weeks to get organized and I will try to get a volunteer registration database set up on the website when that is ready as well.

Have a great day and I hope you start your New Year or work off as pumped and ready as I am!

0 comments:

Be a Facebook Fan!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP