Lots accomplished and something to celebrate.

According to my attorney, the incorporation of Striving for More was approved by the Secretary of State yesterday. So, Striving for More is officially Striving for More, Incorporated, a non profit corporation. Now, we just have to get the federal tax exempt paper work (501c3) approved by the federal government which could take up to 3 months. Donations can be made and as long as the federal paperwork is approved, our tax exempt status is retroactive to 1/8/2009. I am actively working on my fund raising plan now and I look forward to receiving that first dollar that I can (metaphorically) "tape over my desk".

I am working on scheduling my first board meeting and have begun working on everything I need to have prepared for that. In addition, I am enrolled in several non profit management courses at Duke which start next week. We had an exciting meeting about web design this week and I am excited about what it will look like when it is done.

Lastly, I spoke to several of the professionals that were involved in Colleen's emotional and spiritual care. They have agreed to be on the advisory board and help the organization by writing about their profession for the website. I am very grateful for how well all of my requests for help have been received.

With all of my accomplishments this week, my heart is heavy for my friend Robin who lost her 45 year old brother on Monday night to a sudden brain bleed. Although he has joined his wife in heaven (she died 5 years ago to brain cancer), he leaves a daughter behind. Please pray for this family who must be devastated by this sudden loss.

1 comments:

Tammy January 14, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

I am writing to thank you so much for your love and desire to help other children with cancer. I know Colleen would be so proud of you for continuing to keep her & her family's testimony alive in her absence. I pray that God will continue to give you the strength, faith and wisdom to carry out each day knowing you are helping other children and their families. You and your family will always be in our prayers. Just so you know who I am Kellie is my sister. Her and Bonnie told me about Colleen when she was first diagnosed with cancer. I helped take care of a 35 year old young lady who had leomyosarcoma up until she passed away a year ago. She had 3 girls who I took care of, as well. I have had cancer myself and many other medical conditions and I am 40 years old. I also lost a nephew who was 25 and passed away 5years ago due to a rare cancer. I still talk and encourage my sister-in-law who has had such a hard time and is still grieving after 5 years. God has given me a gift of careing for others.

Be a Facebook Fan!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP