Legal Language and Logos

I spent the entire day today working on finalizing the 1023 document for the IRS (so they will give me tax exempt status). I had left the meeting with my attorney last week with a list of action items. I had underestimated how much effort that I would have to put into the "narratives" that have to be attached to the 28 page form. Boy, it was an exhausting day. But I am really glad that the work is behind me and most of it is stuff that I would have ended up doing anyway. For example, I actually had to design a Striving for More Grant Application and Process.

I was initially thinking I would surf the web and find another foundation's grant application and tweak it. Well, that is what I ended up doing but it took a LOT of tweaking since Striving for More is so unique in the fact that it is the first of its kind (that I know of) to fund psychosocial services. All of the other foundations are funding research and the application and review process for that type of grant is completely different than what I needed. That was only one of about 9 action items which were all at least that difficult. But as I said, I am glad to have it behind me. I feel exhausted but accomplished.

Sprinkled throughout my day, I have been looking at possible Striving for More logos. I started a logo design contest and I have received 48 submissions already. There are still 6 days left in the contest. The contest administrators encourage you to provide prompt and constructive feedback when the designers submit artwork. This allows for an iterative process over the 10 day contest period. It is interesting, fun and a lot of work all at the same time.

I sure would love to hear some comments from you guys. It gets really hard to look at them all and I would love to hear some other opinions. I am hoping that one is going to come in it is going to hit me as the perfect logo but it hasn't happened yet. I have been very impressed by the dedication, hard work and quality that I have received. The designers that are working on it seem to be working hard to win.

Please go check it out and let me know what you think! Click here to check them out. Scroll down to see the logos because they are toward the bottom of the page. Each logo has a number so it is best to refer to the number if you make a comment. I can't wait to hear your comments. Comment here on the blog so everyone can see, that is, if you aren't too shy.

0 comments:

Be a Facebook Fan!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP