I was Interviewed Today by the News and Observer

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who generously donated to St. Baldrick's, I am at 72% of my goal which is terrific. I have more to go to get to my goal and so I appreciate any one else who is still planning to donate to help me get to my goal to shave my head on 3/7.

I was interviewed today by Sue Stock. Sue is the Retail Reporter for the Raleigh News and Observer newspaper. I am a big fan of Sue's daily blog called Taking Stock. It is a blog about saving money while shopping. A few weeks ago, she asked people to write to her if they have started using coupons as a result of the economic downturn. I wrote her an email and told her our story. Everything from losing Colleen to losing my job. I told her that we recently started actively using coupons to save money. Hey, it was the truth and I figured any sort of press, is an opportunity for me to plug Striving For More, right?

Sue called me last week and she came to the house today and interviewed me. She will return in two weeks with a photographer. She is planning a 3 part article featuring three families who have been impacted by the economy (It feels like we all have, huh?).

Her article will report on ways that the three families are saving money. When we spoke this weekend, Sue asked me if I was willing to share my story with the world. I said, "Sure, that is what I do". I also said, my intentions are not all selfless, I am looking for free PR for my nonprofit organization. She said, "I understand."

I was the first person to be interviewed today so she said she has "some work to do". Her articles run on Fridays in the paper and she plans to have one run soon, then part two run in the summer and the last part run in the fall.

It should be interesting. Vince isn't too crazy about his picture being in the paper. I told him that he has "to take one for the team". I told him that this really doesn't have anything to do with coupons it is all about Striving for More and advancing our cause.

It would be fantastic if a few new people find out about what we are doing because of this article, wouldn't it? I guess hoping that a wealthy philanthropist would be reading the column is pushing it.

1 comments:

Heide January 28, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Good for you!!! I wish you all the best on the story, and I hope it brings you all sorts of publicity!!

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers always.

~Heide
m/o ^Jessica^ (Forever 17: 6/6/90 - 6/9/07) and Jake (17)
http://caringbridge.org/visit/jessicarandall

Be a Facebook Fan!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP